Brantford, ON… Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts presents the production of Mary Walsh in “Dancing with Rage” on Tuesday October 8, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.
The production offers a rich exploration of the relationship between the aging baby boomers and the upcoming “Y and X” generations of the future. Based on the very timely reality of loss of control, power shifting and passing the baton to the new leaders of the future these stories take the audience on the journey of the struggle to let go with grace.
The Sanderson Centre is thrilled to announce that outstanding comedic talent, Mary Walsh will be presenting “Dancing with Rage” as our season opener. This hilarious show will be on stage in Brantford for one night only.
Walsh has been ubiquitous on Canadian television including numerous recent appearances on This Hour Has 22 Minutes. She has appeared diversely in both drama and comedy in such series as the award winning Hatching, Matching and Dispatching that she both wrote and starred in, Mary Walsh: Open Book, DaVinci: The Quality of Life, and as a guest star on the 300th episode of Royal Canadian Air Farce (as Marg Delahunty), Murdoch Mysteries, The Wind In The Willows for Masterpiece Theatre on the BBC, the very first episode of The Republic Of Doyle as Miranda Cahill, The Duchess of George Street and many more.
- “The funniest woman in Canada…you leave Dancing With Rage having laughed a lot” ~ Richard Ouzounian – The Toronto Star
- “Like a skilled juggler, Walsh is absolutely engaging as she hits the stage, creating, then changing characters before our eyes, spinning things faster and faster (with the help of a strong and effective video component) as she hypnotizes with her highly-refined if none-too-subtle mix of comedic dexterity and social commentary.” ~ John Coulbourn – The Toronto Sun
- “screamingly funny, irreverent and poignant at the same. It’s the kind of show where you can’t help laughing… I loved it.” ~ Mooney on Theatre
- “her feisty princess is on the warpath as usual, wickedly skewering her bêtes noirs…a succession of topical zingers, acerbic reflections on the sorry state of feminism today, and warmly funny jokes” ~ Martin Morrow – The Globe & Mail
- “Mary Walsh is one of Canada’s national treasures. She is not only a fine comic actor but a fearless satirist who can skewer more kabobs of pomposity with a single jab than anyone else in the country…. People who want to see the great Mary Walsh on stage will not be disappointed.” ~ Christopher Hoile – Stage Door
· “It’s an inspiring show. Get off your arse, Canada. … Let’s have some fun.” “Smart people like Mary Walsh. If you are smart, you will go.” A.R. Twigg ~ Vancouver Plays
· “You’ve got to love Mary Walsh for reminding us that politics matter, that being Canadian matters—and that Canadian political fury can be screamingly funny…. it’s gorgeous to watch the skill with which Walsh flips from one character to another… this show spews goodies like a theatrical piñata” ~ Colin Thomas – The Georgia Straight (Vancouver, BC)
Tickets are $39.00 for Dancing with Rage and are available by visiting the Sanderson Centre box office located at 88 Dalhousie Street, Brantford. Tickets can be ordered with a major credit card by calling (519) 758-8090 or 1-800-265-0710 or on-line at www.sandersoncentre.ca . Mature Content.