Banish Backseat Boredom with a March Break getaway
to Hamilton Halton Brant
Southern Ontario families looking to spend less time driving and more time doing this March Break will love Hamilton Halton Brant’s great closer-to-home options for family fun.
Hamilton Halton Brant’s family friendly outdoor activities are guaranteed to result in big smiles and rosy cheeks this March. Families looking for a truly Canadian sugar rush will love the range of maple syrup events and experiences taking place in Hamilton Halton Brant, including:
- Maple Town at Mountsberg Conservation Area and Discovery Centre
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park’s
- Crawford Lake Conservation Area
- Westfield Heritage Village’s Maple Syrup Festival
There are plenty of options for burning off all those pancakes, including The Grand River Rafting Company’s guided Early Spring Family Hikes along the Grand River; skiing, boarding or tubing at Glen Eden Ski and Snow in Milton or a geocaching adventure in Ancaster at Fieldcote Memorial Park and Museum.
This March Break, Hamilton Halton Brant also has a range of creative programming that will feed growing young minds while inspiring kids at heart too:
- From baking in an 1850’s kitchen at Hamilton’s Dundurn Castle, to using shillings to buy the necessities of 1813 life at Battlefield House and Museum, Hamilton Halton Brant’s great heritage programming has been designed to engage participants in Canadian history.
- If your family prefers history of the more prehistoric nature, Royal Botanical Gardens’ Dinosaurs: Battle of the Titans is a can’t-miss event. March Break activities include Capture a Dinosaur, where participants can snap photos of dinosaurs while learning new photography techniques. There are also Dino-Snores sleepovers, and dinosaur drawing and sculpting clinics. The Link to Paradise Pass offers visitors great savings with a special one-price admission to Royal Botanical Gardens, as well as Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory during their Venom Exhibit and the Floral Showhouse’s Spring Floral Show and Miniature Village Display.
- Families who like to march to the beat of their own drum will enjoy making their own hand drums with the assistance of First Nations teachers at Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology and then participating in a special 8000 Sacred Drums ceremony to mark the Spring Equinox.
Stay and Save
With so much to do, families may want to take advantage of some of the current accommodation offers available in Hamilton Halton Brant to extend their getaway for an extra day or two.
Visit www.theheartofontario.com for more trip ideas, event information and special offers to help plan your March Break adventures in Hamilton Halton Brant.