Ottawa’s “Girlfriends Getaway” Package Filled With Fun & Savings Toronto, July 28, 2009 – Let’s face it—girls just want to have fun. And once in a while they need an escape from the guys but not from fun and excitement. Ottawa Tourism is serving up an eclectic menu of Girlfriends Getaway packages where the emphasis is on fun, arts, culture, shopping, and spas all at a very affordable price—from only $138 CAD per person for a two-night stay (based on double occupancy).
The basic Girlfriends Getaway package to Ottawa includes two nights’ accommodation for two people (additional guests can be added on for an extra charge) and a certificate for the Rideau Centre Savings Directory filled with many coupons to satisfy any shopaholic. And those who purchase a package between September 1 and October 9, 2009 will also receive a complimentary copy of a new magazine—The Best Places to Go Shopping—published by Ottawa Magazine.
And to increase the fun, guests on a Girlfriends Getaway can choose to add on a number of optional activities, including
- visiting the Canadian Museum of Civilization, Canadian War Museum, Canada Aviation Museum, and/or National Gallery of Canada,
- sitting back on the scenic Hull-Chelsea-Wakefield Steam Train,
- catching a concert at the Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival (on until August 9, 2009)
- being pampered thanks to a $50 Holtz Spa Gift Card; or
- enjoying a performance of the blockbuster hit The Drowsy Chaperone at the National Arts Centre (October 14-31, 2009).
Given Ottawa’s abundance of attractions, the Girlfriends Getaway package provides a compelling reason to plan a weekend visit so gather up the girls and start having fun in Canada’s Capital Region. Guests who book accommodations at a participating hotel for a (consecutive) Friday and Saturday two-night stay have the option to reserve a third night at 50% off the listed room rate. The Girlfriends Getaway two-night package starts at $138 CAD per person based on double occupancy.
Those wanting information, tickets and lodging reservations for the Girlfriends Getaway can visit www.ottawatourism.ca, a powerful website operated by Ottawa Tourism. Visitors can also book by phone at 1-888-OTTAWA-8. Ottawa Tourism provides destination marketing, strategic direction and leadership in cooperation with members and partners to service the travel media and attract visitors, tours and conventions to Ottawa and Canada’s Capital Region. Its vision is to build recognition of Ottawa as an outstanding four-season tourism destination.
– 30 – For more information and Ottawa-area images, please contact:Jantine Van Kregten Chris RyallDirector of Communications Public Relations Representative Ottawa Tourism Ottawa Tourism613-237-5150, ext. 116 416-861-1022 / email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org